slideshow header

slideshow header

gallery of past & present work

Friday, April 8, 2011

Coupon Shopping Trip

ok...I finally did it! I went coupon shopping today!! My total bill came to $111.50 and I only paid $80.24 after $31.26 of coupons and ad~matching was deducted. I saved over 28%...and that's pretty darn good for me. It was actually kinda fun...and it felt great to save my family money :) It didn't really take THAT long to get it all organized...maybe next time it'll take even less. Monday night my church had Misty from The Frugal Family give a couponing class, and I really learned alot from her. Then I watched Extreme Couponing this week..WOW!..they are EXTREME!! I'll never have a supply stored up like they do...I don't even want to! I won't spend an hour a day doing it, but I will spend an hour a week to save. It's a great way to save money on groceries and household items and get my daughter's college fund built up. 

9 comments:

  1. Way to go! I've been trying to start couponing too -it's a great feeling to save some $$$!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I sure could use a couponing class. I hardly ever use them.

    Prim Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great for you Lori! I love using coupons but don't as often as I should...many places will take coupons from your smart phone...just show them at the counter.
    patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! I haven't seen that show yet, but I heard about it! I like to coupon and ty to save when I can. Today, between coupons and sales in the store, I saved over 68.00 off our grocery bill today! I was very happy! Did you also know, that Tuesdays are a good day to go? The stores often have unadvertised sales happening. I try to go if I have the day off or it's later in the day. It is true, I did see it on Oprah I believe, it was a show about how to save more money.
    Keep up the great work! It IS fun and with a little planning, it can be easy!
    Have a good evening,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog...thanks for entering my giveaway...I am also a couponer...Got 53.00 worth of stuff at Rite Aid for .07 cents last week ! Hooray for savings.

    Grace to you,
    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey that is so great. Who doesn't like to save money. Thanks for sharing.
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched extreme couponing too! I think it would be exciting to get $500 dollars worth of groceries for less than $10.00 at least once.
    Congrats on your savings!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Cats Lori! Way to go! We just started watching extreme couponing also - very inspiring! We only have 2 grocery stores to choose from here - one being WMart, the other Spartan. Keep on creating (& couponing!) ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a lifetime couponer. In the past few months I have joined a variety of FaceBook freebie and couponing fan pages and could spend all day finding freebies and deals. Fortunately though I have another life. After watching a couple episodes of Extreme Couponing I am LESS zealous than I was. The totals are great but I do not want to be couponing in my dreams.

    ReplyDelete